There are three very important reasons why you should consider alternatives to bottled water. Here they are.
1. They cost a lot. You will have to spend a lot of money every month. Also, you can use bottled water only for drinking purposes. You will have to use contaminated tap water for other purposes like showering and bathing. As a result, you are still putting your health at risk in the long run.
2. They are not as clean as you think. The FDA has pretty much the same guidelines for the quality of bottled water and tap water. So, barring a few, most bottled water plants across the country sell water that is just as good as tap water. As a result, you get to drink contaminated water despite spending so much money.
3. Every year, people dump millions of plastic bottles, pollute the surroundings, and do irreparable damage to the environment. So, you should say no to bottles for the sake of this planet.
So, let me make it clear - it is expensive, it pollutes the environment, and, most importantly, the water quality obtained from bottled water is not as good as always claimed. A much better alternative is getting a water purifier.
When it comes to water purifiers, the purification method employed is the most important thing you should look out for. There are a few methods that are considered very effective when it comes to water purification. They are ion exchange, active carbon filtration, and sub micron filtration. There are two reasons why you should go for a good water purifier.
1. The water you get is very clean and free from contaminants. In other words, it is way better than the quality of bottled water.
2. It is very cheap. Once you buy a good water purifier, you need not spend any money on it for at least a couple of years. When you choose a water purifier based on the methods mentioned above, you need not spend a lot of money on installation as well. So, whichever way you look at it, it is cost effective.