While medical science has progressed what one could ever imagine, in treating disorders and disease, the real challenge lies in prevention. Modern medicine has succeeded in treating major disease it has not found a perfect system for prevention of dreaded diseases like cancer and HIV.
The answer lies in looking to a system which is natural sustainable and adaptable for all conditions and all body systems.
This has now led to extensive research in Herbs as the primary preventive source and healthy herbal and organic food products now take the lead in preventive systems.
The king of Herbs as it is known in China and Celestial Herb in Japan is Ganoderma. It is also known as Lingzhi in China and Reishi in Japan.
Lingzhi is now widely researched across the globe by many universities and research institutions and sterling work has been done by China and Japan.
Revered for thousands of years and shrouded in mystery, Lingzhi however was difficult to grow. After much research in 1970 a breakthrough was achieved in commercial cultivation. Still it remains rare and cultivated in few countries like China, Japan, Malaysia and Korea to name a few.
DXN a company from Malaysia remains in the forefront of bringing the benefits of the Lingzhi to the common man. More details at http://globalhealthnetwork.tripod.com
The Magic Effects of Ganoderma
Research is still going on and scientists have discovered 252 active components beneficial and essential to the human body. It is an adaptogen which brings immense benefits to human body without any side effect.
Analysis and experiments done by various universities and pharmaceutical manufacturers have attested to its being a hemocatharsis, detoxificant,diuretic, liver protector, intestine regulator, cardiotonic, blood pressure adjuster, a cold tonic, expectorant, a tranquilizer and inhibits tumour and cancerous growth.
What is the Healing Principle of Ganoderma
Many clinical trials and experiments by doctors, especially Dr. Shigeru Yuji’s experiments has established the reasons Ganoderma is effective because of its basic functions
- Lowers cholesterol in the blood and the amount of free fat
- Reduces blood sugar levels and helps pancreatic functions
- Lowers blood lipids and stabilizes red cell membrane
- Improves the function of the cortex of the adrenal glands to maintain endocrine balance
- Elevates the natural healing ability of the body, allows the body to establish strong immune system
- Prevents tissue cell degeneration
- Prevents senility, maintaining a youthful constitution
- Lowers the side effects of antihypertensive drugs
- Prevents organ degenetation
- Prevents allergy caused by antigens, because it inhibits the histamine release by mastcells
- Relieves pain caused by cancer
Main Health Giving Components
While the Linghzhi mushrooms are said to contain 252 active medicinal compounds, the two main components are:
- Germanium: Germanium can promote blood circulation, can increase oxygen absorbing capability of the body and keep sufficient oxygen in the body, improve metabolism and prevent functional degeneration. Based on research germanium is the major component of Lingzhi. The germanium contained in Lingzhi is 4-6 times more than ginseng.
- Poly-saccharides: The poly saccharides can increase antibody count which strengthens immunity. Poly saccharides are the most active health enhancing ingredient for the body.
While there are thousands of research papers available on the medicinal aspects of the Lingzhi this article primarily is to highlight the health giving aspects of this wonderful herbal remedy for ills of the modern living like stress, pollution and imbalances in food habits.