Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The 30 Day Shred With Jillian Michaels of the Biggest Loser

I first learned about the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD when I did an online search for a Biggest Loser exercise program. I have been trying to lose weight all my life, but over the past year and a half, I have managed to lose 65 pounds - mostly from cutting back portions. I still have about 120 pounds that I want to lose, so I decided that I wanted to start an intense exercise program similar to what the contestants on The Biggest Loser are given. I figured, what better way to do that than to buy a DVD created by the very trainers from the show?
I found several weight loss forums in which members discussed the 30 Day Shred DVD that Jillian has out. After hearing how Jillian managed to "kick their butts" within the first few minutes of the exercise, I decided this would be a pretty good DVD to start with. I got it the next day.
The 30 Day Shred DVD has 3 increasingly difficult levels. Beginners are of course encouraged to start with Level One and keep doing it until you feel you are ready to move on to Level Two, and then on to Level Three after that.
Level One begins with a brief warmup, then gets right into the exercise. It is a fast paced 27 minute routine with no rests in between. The focus is on circuit training with a rotation of 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abdominal exercise.
Jillian starts you off with pushups, then moves on to lunges. The cardio for Level One includes jumping jacks, jump rope and punches.
I have only done Level One of the 30 Day Shred so far, but I can tell you that you will sweat, you will groan, and you will definitely feel that you got your money's worth with this DVD. There is little doubt that if you stick with this exercise program for 30 days or more, you will be in the best shape of your life! Oh, and be prepared to feel "the burn" the next day after your first workout! No pain, no gain!
 

Weightloss Enlightenment Copyright © 2012